Kimberly Yim — Blog
With the exception of my daughter, most of my family and friends had concerns when I told them of my invitation to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. All concerns were valid. The biggest concern was also mine - do I have the time to train and the courage to raise money? Thinking...
The Seed of Curiosity
I sat on the invitation to join the One Million Thumbprint campaign and to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro for over a month before sharing it with anyone. My impulse, as with many things I would later realize, is to say, "No" to things I thought were dangerous or would require...
I’ve been waiting for a good time or at least a large dose of inspiration to begin writing again. It’s been over a year and I am simply accepting that it is never going to be a “good” time and I no longer believe there is hope for a large dose of inspiration. The time...
Don’t Be Tricked This Halloween. Don’t Fund Child Slavery.
Do not buy chocolate this year for Halloween. Yep, I told you what to do. Over the years after learning about how child slaves harvest the cocoa used in the production of the chocolate we consume, I had hoped people would see the connection with the chocolate they eat...
Using Your Purchasing Power for Good this Holy Week
Please take time to click on my friend, Carrie Kuba's link I've attached below. I think she is spot on with her suggestions on where to redirect your spending this Holy Week. Less is More. It matters where you put your money. There is no insignificant spending. Each...
Attend A Conference
Here is my quick appeal to take the time to attend a conference on human trafficking. See who is already working in your local area to abolish slavery and ask how you can help. Flash, a good logo, charismatic speaker is not always an indicator to who is the most...
- Refuse To Do Nothing: Find Your Power To Abolish Modern-Day Slavery by Kimberly Yim and Shayne Moore
- The Slave Next Door by Kevin Bales
- Disposable People: New Slavery in the Global Economy by Kevin Bales
- The Johns: Sex for Sale and the Men Who Buy It by Victor Malarek
- Terrify No More by Gary A. Haugen
- A Crime So Monstrous: Face to Face with Modern-Day Slavery by E.Benjamin Skinner
- Sex Trafficking: Inside the Business of Modern Slavery by Siddharth Kara